Charging speeds depend on a lot of factors such as:
- What phone model is being charged
- If a quick charge adapter is being used
- How old or new the phone itself is
- Whether the phone is in use at all during charging
- The position of the phone on the charger
Wireless charging is quite different from wired charging. As a general rule of thumb, wireless charging is slower than wired charging although it offers greater convenience and aesthetics. As an example, an iPhone X can take 3 hours to obtain a full charge using a wireless charging pad. A Samsung S8 will gain a full charge a bit quicker at 1 hour and 40 minutes to fully charge.